Have you ever noticed how you evolve and change through experience and time?
Or maybe you haven’t consciously thought about this because you are too caught up in routine and
Perhaps you have a sneaking suspicion that you aren’t that happy - but what do you do about it.
What’s going on here, is that most people don’t have a framework that they consciously work through to check in with how they are feeling and whether they are in an environment where they can thrive.
To do this, you need to be honest with yourself, about who you are, where you want to be, and what needs to change in your environment to make that happen.
Whether it’s personal or professional change, having a clear framework to check in with yourself is powerful and could lead to your dream job or even better, your dream life!
Here are some top tips for your personal check in:
1. Constantly challenge and question yourself to test if you are in the right place.
2. Ask yourself questions...such as:
- Who are you? Your identity.
- Understand your goals. Where are you trying to get to? Be clear on vision and what is driving you forward.
- Identify any roadblocks. What do you need to change to achieve the goals you want to achieve?
3. Give whatever it is you are doing a good go but if you realise it isn’t right for you then have the courage to change things.. You may get it wrong a few times...then eventually I found the right place.
4. Advice for people going through the same thing – have the discussions with the people around you in that place. The answers might be there but you haven’t asked. If they’re not, then look for a different environment that allows you to be who you want to be and get to where you want to go.